Friday, July 07, 2006

Welcome.. Welcome .. come one come all

We are all wandering the world in varying states of madness and since today is my birthday, I've decided to start yet another blog. I have one for my kids and one about my late father (see the links). This one will cover everything else. At some point, I will move everything to ljamal.com (my web site), but until then.

WELCOME TO MY MADNESS!



I just finished reading all 16 Volumes of Cerebus and Cerebus #0 (6000 pages of comics) over the last 47 days. I started on 22 May 2006 and finished tonight (7 July 2006). Cerebus is a 300 issue comic book, so that's about 6 1/3 comics per day. For those that aren't aware, I had to read Cerebus #0 because it collects the 3 or 4 stories fromt he 300 issues that were not collected in the larger volumes. Without the #0 issue I should have only read 296-297 issues Cerebus.

Now that I'm finished with that monumental undertaking, I think I'll settle in and read some smaller comic collections before diving into the Martian stories by Edgar Rice Burroughs (A Princess of Mars, The Gods of Mars, The Warlord of Mars, etc). I picked up 2 collections but out by Barnes and Noble that collect all of Burroughs's Martian tales and I mean to read them soon. First however, I think I'll spend a week reading the comic trades that have piled up while I was reading Cerebus. First on that list is Seth Fisher's last work (Fantastic Four/ Iron Man: Big in Japan). That will most likely be followed by the latest Conan hardcover from Dark Horse and then who knows. Maybe some Rocketo (Image) as it's starting to back up.

No comments: